Tax advisory services may involve advising on a particular event or, in many cases, simply looking to review the tax efficiency of the financial affairs of a client.
When might I need tax advice?
We find that tax issues are often driven by an event, for example:
- considering inheritance tax when drafting a will
- looking to provide security for family in the future
- buying or selling a business
- buying or selling property
- moving into or away from the UK, or
- any other event which has a substantial impact on lifestyle or financial position
What areas do we advise on?
We advise on all aspects of UK taxation, and have particular expertise with:
- Trusts: either new or existing trusts
- Inheritance Tax planning
- Advising those who are domiciled outside of the UK
- Employee Benefit Trusts or Employment Trusts
- Dealing with HMRC Enquiries, including settlement opportunities
- Applying PAYE rules to benefits or payments from these trusts
- Ending the trusts, if appropriate
- Structuring & running businesses tax efficiently
- Wealth planning:
- Providing for grandchildren, for example payment of school fees
- Family Trusts
- Tax efficient investments
We also work in conjunction with our legal teams, for example with our litigation team in the event of Tribunal representation being required or with our Wills & Trusts team for inheritance tax planning.